Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison hmmmm...as PRN goes I thought this was a great, fun read - definite brain candy. I'm waffling on whether to give it a 4 out of 5 stars, but there were issues in the book that irked me, so 3 it is.

First of all, if you like Nalini Singh you'll likely enjoy Harrison's books. Personally, I prefer Singh, but....Anyways, the premise of Dragon Bound is great. Powerful guy who's smart, sexy and has been alive since the beginning of time. However this leads to my first problem: immortality. IMO immortality is extremely hard, if not impossible, to wrap a reader's brain around. Being alive for a couple thousand millennia inevitably changes your outlook on life...you would likely be unfettered with the mundane trivialities of the human existance...and yet I find though authors will mention this they rarely make their leading men act accordingly. The only time I've come close to finding a realistic immortal guy is in Nalini Singh's Archangel's Kiss - Rafael was ruthless, and at first, quite willing to consider killing the leading lady if she became more trouble than she was worth. Which makes sense! If you're that old you become emotionally detached, you become omniscient.
I do understand there's a flaw in my logic: in order to have a romance you need the guy to become susceptible to the human emotions of love....so, my point you ask? I'm not sure I have one, just that I get frustrated by the way authors portray immortal men in PNRs.

Finally, my last little bit of beef with this book is that Harrison tried to make Pia a kick ass, smart-ass heroine and yet she was a wimp! Seriously! She's either a DID (damsel in distress) or not. Pick one! Don`t make her seem all tough and then have her wimp out on me!

Other than those things, I found Dragon Bound enjoyable!! Fast, fun and smexy :)